Monday, October 15, 2012

Review: Yoplait Light Boston Cream Pie

Yet another yogurt review. These Yoplait cups seem to cyclically go on sale at my store every few weeks, so I decided to pick up a flavor I hadn't seen before. Ive never had a real boston cream pie, but Ben & Jerry's BCP is one of my favorite flavors of ice cream, and anything cake related usually peaks my interest. Seaking of which, is boston cream pie actually more like a cake? From the picture they display on the front it sure looks like it...but I digress.

Upon opening the foil lid I was greeted by a standard white yogurt. No frills here with artifical coloring or anything mixed in. I gave it a nice stir regardless just to even up the texture and then dug in. Unfortunately the taste was just mediocre at best. I didnt detect any real pie or cake flavors, and it was more of just a variant of vanilla. All of the yoplait flavors I've tried always sound better in theory. I realize with a mere 90 calories, its not going to be some decadent cake dessert, but Im always hopeful of that. It's not a bad snack by any means, and it is still quite tasty, but to me I didnt detect anything that would warrant it being called boston cream pie.


At just 90 calories, this makes a nice snack or accouterment to your lunch. despite not being much of a BCP flavor, it is still tasty and quite sweet and can curb a sweet tooth without any guilt. I will probably try to make my way through the rest of the line before picking this one up again but its certainly worth a try.

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment