Sunday, October 14, 2012

Review: Monster Rehab Rojo Tea + Energy


Another day, another energy drink. Seeing as its the end of the weekend and my perpetual hangover is at its peak I figured trying one of these "rehab" drinks might be beneficial. I have a ton of homework to get done and this seemed like the perfect thing to get myself going. This is my first time trying this line of monster but Im a big fan of the rest of their products so I had high expectations.

As you can see it looks pretty much like a standard tea, with just a hint of red to it as the name implies. After the first sip I was hooked. This stuff tastes awesome. It reminds me of a sweeter version of an arizona iced tea with the slightest bit of a berry after taste. I imagine the berry component is probably what makes this "rojo"tea. There is a bit of a lemon/citrus flavor to it as well and the two flavors work well together. The lack of carbonation makes this a real smooth beverage, and it was extremely easy to slam it down in just a few minutes.


The "Rehab energy blend" is a bit different than most energy drinks and contains a few tea extracts, as well as coconut water, among others. Ive read coconut water is great for hangover cures so thats a nice inclusion. After doing a bit of research I also found it contains 170mg of caffeine, which is a solid dose. Not too high, but it still gave me a hell of a jolt. I drank this on an empty stomach and it was almost too much for me, but assuming you have it with a meal or at least with something in your stomach you should be fine. A few hours after drinking it I felt no crash and my hangover is all but subsided. Major props Monster, major props. This is definitely a nice change from other energy drinks I've had and it seriously is one of the best tasting. I will certainly buy this one again and will give the other flavors from this line a try. Next time you need that hangover cure give this one a shot. Just make sure you follow the warning below!


Gotta love a beverage that has a warning on it!



Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment