Thursday, September 13, 2012

Review: Post Good Morening Waffle Crunch


While perusing the cereal aisle in my local Wal-Mart I noticed a few unfamiliar offerings. It looks like Post has come out with a new bargain sub-brand called "good morening" that may possibly be exclusive to the big W. I have not been able to find much info on the internet about these, so if you have any more info please feel free to let me know in the comment section...anyways, the boxes are very generic, devoid of any mascots and are extremely large. All of these new products are also competitively priced at around $2.75. Being a huge fan of all waffle/maple/french toast flavored cereals this was a no brainer to pick it up. The fact that it was made by the same company that fathered the now extinct waffle crunch gave me hope that they have reincarnated it under a different name.


I immediately ripped open the box when I got home and poured myself a bowl...OH. MY. GOD! It's waffle crisp! Sure, the box  doesn't have the wacky smiling waffle on the front, and the packaging is a little drab, but other than that these are identical. The shape, the texture, the taste. SPOT ON! Best of all, since post went the "generic" route on these they are extremely cheap. This may have just jumped to the top of my list of favorite cereals. It has a buttery maple syrupy flavor and a great crunch. They also stayed nice and crisp in milk for the duration of my indulgence, another plus. Then just as you think you are done, the left over milk takes on the delicious maple flavor and is a highlight in itself.


Like all "kiddie cereals" the nutrition facts are standard. low fat, moderate carbs(with a decent chunk of sugar and little fiber), and then a meager 2 grams of trace protein. Oh well, Its not like I picked up something called "waffle crunch" to get my micronutrients in, I got them as a delicious treat, and that they are. I reiterate the fact that if you even somewhat enjoyed french toast crunch or waffle crisp, or are a fan of anything maple, then you must pick these up. The fact that these are so cheap is just another plus. The only con I can think of is that they may be exclusive to Walmart (some people wont have access to them). If you see these pick them up immediately. Better yet get a few boxes and stockpile them or ship one to me.

Rating: 9.5/10


1 comment:

  1. omg thanks for this review I used to eat Waffle Crisp all the time before school. I havent had any in a while and I noticed I stopped seeing them on the shelf so I googled it and saw that they replaced it with a generic version. I will def be searching the local walmart for these!

    ReplyDelete